ALAO values diversity in its membership, in the profession, and in future library professionals. For that reason, we offer a $1,500 scholarship to a promising student enrolled in an ALA-accredited MLS program who exemplifies the qualities needed to ensure a diverse library workforce. The scholarship funds will be sent to the recipient after institutional enrollment is confirmed by the Diversity Committee chair or designee.
A qualified candidate will…
- Be a full time or part time student enrolled in or recently accepted to an ALA-accredited MLS program, either on campus or via distance education, for the fall term following the call for scholarship applications
- Currently live in Ohio
- Demonstrate potential in the field of library and/or information science
- Demonstrate leadership ability
- Demonstrate diversity in one or more ways, including, but not limited to: race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, life experience, physical ability
- Demonstrate commitment to these and other diversity issues